Friday, 15 April 2016

POEM - Love poem after John Cooper Clarke


I will be your pencil case
Keeping things together.
And I’ll be your umbrella
To shield you from the weather.

I will be your packing peanuts
Keeping you secure.
I will be your antiseptic
Salving all your sores.

I will be your draught excluder
Saving you from chills.
I will be your kitchen sponge
Wiping up the spills.

I will be your spectacles
Helping you to see.
I will be your lighthouse
When you’re feeling lost at sea.

I will be your telephone
Keeping you connected.
And I will be you Dettol
When you need some disinfectant.

I will be your welly-boots
For when it rains or snows.
I will be your warmest socks
To give you toasty toes.

I will be your fire exit
Helping you escape.
And I will be your hero
(Without tights and pants and cape).

No comments:

Post a Comment