Friday, 31 October 2014

NEWS - November Gigs


I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a pretty busy November planned. As well as my normal 9 – 5, I’ll be doing loads of gigs this month, visiting Cambridge, London, Norwich, King’s Lynn and Milton Keynes, as well as hosting our regular Fen Speak event.

It’s going to be hectic, but I’m pretty excited about going to some new venues and see some great poetry!

On Sunday 2nd November, I’m heading down to the Speakeasy Poetry Slam at the ADC Theatre in Cambridge, to watch performances from Michelle Madsen and Rachel Long. I’ve seen Michelle a few times before, and her work is always really impressive. I’ve heard great things about Rachel Long too, so it’ll be fantastic to finally see her perform. I’m also going to have a go at the slam.

The Speakeasy starts at 8pm and you can get your tickets in advance from the ADC Theatre Box Office.

Then, on Tuesday 18th November, I’ll be at the Amersham Arms in New Cross for the ‘Utter!’ Spoken Word show, hosted by the very lovely Richard Tyrone Jones. I’ll be performing alongside featured acts Sophia Walker, Rose Drew and Daisy T-G and it's going to be a fantastic gig!

Daisy is an incredible emerging talent, and Rose performs with a wit and warmth that I’ve rarely seen on stage before. Sophia Walker is an amazing poet, with a host of awards and prizes under her belt, and I’m really looking forward to seeing her perform live.

For more information, and to buy your tickets, check out We Got Tickets.

Then we'll be back at the Wisbech and Fenland Museum on Wednesday 19th November for another Fen Speak open mic night, showcasing the best writers and performers in Cambridgeshire. We’ll also be launching this year’s Fenland Poet Laureate Competition, so look out for lots more information on that coming soon!

On Saturday 22nd November, I'm going up to Norwich, to perform as one of the support acts for Attila the Stockbroker. Attila is one of the UK’s great punk poets, and it’s going to be awesome to share the stage with him! I’m not sure what his fans will make of me though! (You can find out more about this gig at the ents24 website.)

Then, on Friday 28th November, I’ll be performing alongside my fellow Fenland Poet Laureates, Poppy Kleiser and Elaine Ewart, as part of the Fen Speak on Tour show at the Friends' Meeting House on Bridge Street in King’s Lynn. The show starts at 7pm, and there are plenty of open mic spots available - watch this space for more details.

Finally, on Saturday 29th November, I’ll be travelling across to Milton Keynes to take part in the Christmas Light Switch On Celebrations in Stony Stratford. I’ll be heading down with a group of Cambridge poets, led by excellent writer and events organizer (and former MK resident) Fay Roberts, so I’m really looking forward to spending some time with them, checking out the local scene, and showing Bedfordshire just how awesome Cambridge poets are!

So, yeah, it's going to be a pretty busy one this month. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment