Sunday, 15 December 2013

SUNDAY NIGHT NEWS - Selling Out

I'm delighted to report that our booklet of poetry and artwork inspired by museums in the East of England - Glass Cases and Curios - has completely sold out, in less than a week!

The success of the booklet is down to its fantastic content, and we were so lucky that fifteen incredible writers and seven wonderful artists were able to contribute to the project. And it's incredible to think that something I helped to create has proven to be so popular!

I've been grinning from ear to ear all weekend!

Also this week, I performed my poetry in front of the Bishop of Ely and guests, at the Ely Mothers' Union Christmas Party.

I had a really lovely night reading some of the poems that I've written during my time as Fenland Poet Laureate, watching a lady called Saskia play some very accomplished pieces on the saxophone, and joining in with the carol singing at the end of the evening. (Leanne's singing style: off-key but enthusiastic!)

It was also a chance to have a good look inside the Bishop's house, and I am nothing if not nosy!

I had such a lovely time, and I am very grateful to Angela Jones and her fellow committee members for inviting me to perform.

NEXT WEEK:
On Wednesday 18th December, we'll be hosting our final Fen Speak Poetry Open Mic Night of 2013!

We'll be back at the Babylon Gallery in Ely, giving you the opportunity to share your work with other like-minded creative people, and develop your performing skills in a friendly and supportive environment.


Entry to the open mic is free and there are still plenty of slots on the list, if you'd like to get up and have a go! Writers of all ages and abilities are welcome, and best of all, there's no obligation to perform! (Although we do encourage everyone to take the plunge!)

The doors to the gallery will open at 7:30pm, and the open mic will begin at 8pm.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment