Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Christmas Round Ours

In my house, when it's Christmas,
It's certain you will see
Twelve bowls of cashews,
Eleven TV Specials,
Ten pigs in blankets,
Nine pairs of new socks,
Eight nibbled mince pies,
Seven unplayed board games,
Six tinselled hairdos,
Five Brie wheels!
Four broken bulbs,
Three squashed sprouts,
Two uncle Steves,
And my Dad snoring on the settee!

In my house, when it's Christmas,
It's certain you will see
Twelve twitter updates,
Eleven minute loo breaks,
Ten clashing programmes,
Nine types of pudding,
Eight brand new cat toys,
Seven thousand sequins,
Six listless crackers,
Five Brie wheels!
Four squiffy aunts,
Three wise men,
Two bags of trash,
And my Dad snoring on the settee!

In my house, when it's Christmas,
It's certain you will see
Twelve runny noses,
Eleven dirty dishes,
Ten family bear-hugs,
Nine ancient movies,
Eight mumbled carols,
Seven kinds of stuffing,
Six fondled presents,
Five Brie wheels!
Four Lego forts,
Three parsnips,
Two wonky trees,
And my Dad snoring on the settee!

2 comments:

  1. sounds very familiar, especially the bags of trash and the snoring Dad!! Hope you have a good Christmas and new Year, I look forward to reading more of your poems in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and here's wishing you a peaceful and prosperous New Year! -x-

    ReplyDelete