Tuesday, 5 March 2013

NEWS - Poetronica Videos

A few weeks ago, I spent a Saturday afternoon working with Blazej Mikula, film-maker and founder of the multi-media poetry website Poetronica. We spent a couple of hours recording my poem - Twenty Pence Venus. The end result is now available to watch on the youtubes.


The video looks great - and it's a real credit to Blazej's film-making skills.

*An Aside: It's also worth pointing out that I'm not actually naked in the video, I'm just wearing a strapless top! However the overall effect - which makes it seem as if I am nervously awaiting the results of a cosmetic surgery consultation, all exposed in the harsh white light of my hospital room - really compliments the tone of the poem. I'm so pleased with how it turned out!*

If you want to see more stuff from Poetronica, you can watch a interview with me - and squirm at just how awkward I look when answering questions about myself!



You can also check out the rest of the Poetronica videos on the website.

And if you're a poet and you fancy working with Blazej to produce your own poetry video, please do leave a comment below. I can then introduce you! Blazej is great fun to work with, and he's always looking for new victims collaborators.

2 comments:

  1. The videos are great. I would be game for doing a poetry video with Blazej if he's interested - though I do generally run quite quickly away from video cameras (ulp).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,
    I will send your details to Blazej and ask him to get in contact with you! He's really great to work with, so no need to be nervous! I'd love to see some of your work on film too! -x-

    ReplyDelete