Friday, 8 March 2013

NEWS - BBC Cambridgeshire

And so, the work as Fenland Poet Laureate begins in earnest!

Today, I had my first ever BBC radio interview - talking to Tony Gillham on BBC Cambridgeshire. Tony was standing in for Sue Dougan, who usually hosts the afternoon show, and who had very kindly invited me to come on and talk about being the Fenland Poet Laureate. Sue took a real interest in the FPL last year, and I'm hoping I'll be able to go back on the show and promote some of the FPL projects and events throughout the coming year.



I was so nervous about this radio interview, but Tony put me at ease right away with his conversational style. I managed to forget to say half the things I wanted to mention, but I still had a great time and hopefully I didn't babble too much!

The whole radio show is available to listen to online from Friday 8th March until Friday 15th March - so do go check it out if you're interested. You can find it here.


3 comments:

  1. Very well done Leanne, you did good. You should have heard me do an interview with BBC radio 5 couple of years ago, I really think I passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!
    Onwards & Upwards maam! ;)


    Is there another recording of it lying around somewhere I can listen too? - I never cought it.

    No doubt it will be the first of many radio interviews hehe :) ...I wouldn't worry about babbling, presenters usually keep an eye on how the interviewee is doing I'm sure if they seen panic in your eyes they'd help you out with a question to point you back in the right direction ;)

    I'm really intersted to hear this interview now,
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Leon, I don't know if the recording can be found anywhere else, but I'll have a hunt around and get back to you with some info if I can :)

    ReplyDelete