Monday, 11 February 2013

NEWS - This Week's Gigs

This week, I'm travelling all over the East of England to take part in some really great gigs!

The first, on Tuesday 12th February, is at the Spread Eagle pub in Ipswich. It's the second outing for Words and Verses, a monthly poetry event hosted by the lovely people at Get on the Soapbox. There'll be plenty of open mic slots available, as well as cracking sets from Colchester spoken word impresario Just Some Guy and Norwich-based wordsmith Dan Gregory. I'm also going to stand up and say a few poems, so all things considered, it looks set to be a pretty good night!

Then, on Wednesday 13th February, I'll be testing my poetic skills in the first ever Norwich Poetry Slam, which is taking place in the newly refurbished Birdcage pub in the city's trendy Norwich Lanes area. I'm really nervous about this one, as the poetic talent in Norwich is second to none, and I'm up against some fantastic slam performers. Luckily, the atmosphere at Birdcage nights is always incredibly warm, enthusiastic and supportive. So if you're anywhere near Norwich that evening, you should definitely come along!

Finally, on Sunday 17th February, I'll be part of the Rhythm Method Tour (I know) featuring the wit and wisdom of Milton Keynes Poet Laureate Mark Niel, and the fantastic musical comedy of  the Antipoet. I'll be supporting the boys on this, the Cambridge leg of their tour, alongside the wonderful Patrick Widdess. The madness kicks off from 8pm upstairs at the Fountain on Regent's street.

It's going to be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment