Sunday, 4 December 2011

Mathematician's Lament


 I think this would be the perfect song for Rhianna or Katy Perry to pop on their next album. (Call me Girls!)

Mathematician's Lament
How do I love you? Let me quantify the variables.
There are no constraints on the meta-data of your tables.
I love you as pi to the forty sixth decimal place;
No theorem yet devised can define the beauty of your face.
I love you with a p-value significant to zero point zero five,
Your correlation coefficients cause my blood pressure to rise.
I've studied your hypotenuse, and your angles I've defined.
The circles of our Venn Diagram are perfectly aligned.
Your bar charts are remarkable, your line graphs make me melt.
Reviewing your index notation Is the best I've ever felt!
My scattergraphs suggest our hearts have strong positive correlation,
But our love can never be: too vast is our standard deviation.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't figure out love, but I'm not worried...sum can, sum can't.

    ReplyDelete